For the love

For the love

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

37,843,200 heartbeats...approximately

My heart rate averages around 72 beats per minute. Probably less when I'm sleeping, a little more when I'm exerting myself. In the last 365 days, at that rate, it has beaten somewhere around thirty-eight million times. That is significant to me, because it was a year ago that I first met Mistress Delila.

A heartbeat is a rather short measure of time. In the time it takes to read this, your heart will beat several times. In terms of our lifetime, a heartbeat is simply too short of a time to notice. Besides, what would happen in the space of a single heartbeat?

I fell in love. I don't know exactly which heartbeat it was. I can look back and see that I was not in love at one point. Then at another point, I was. I can't even remember what day it was. I don't know what I was wearing or where I was. I don't know if it was a gradual building up to a critical point, or if it just happened all at once. I just know that it happened. I'm thankful for that.

I guess it could be said that a life is like a book, and a passing year is just another chapter. The heartbeats are the words on the page. There were a lot of firsts spelled out in those heartbeats. First time I saw her. First time we touched. First kiss. The first time She buckled a collar on my throat. The first time I saw in Her eyes how badly I could hurt Her with my carelessness.

So many of those firsts were wonderful, joyous occasions. A few were downright painful. But each and every one of them is linked, heartbeat by heartbeat, from last year to this. Some of those heartbeats became memories, and some of them I've already shared. Some I probably never will. They are my treasure, and I will guard them jealously.

So the heartbeats continue, spelling out the words of our lives across time. This year promises its own challenges, its own rewards. There will be one extra day - 103,680 heartbeats or so - to love Her. Just for that, I know it will be a great year.

Happy Anniversary, Mistress Delila, my Darling Domme. I adore You.

No comments:

Post a Comment